Re: how do you find out what your sound card is

> The person that sold the system to me said its a soundblaster
> on board.. there is no bios setting with any info... it worked
> under win 95/98

Very likely it's "Soundblaster-compatible" which in many cases simply
means it works properly with games ;-) If you're lucky, it will use the
same IRQ, IO addresses, etc.

> 1.how does one find out what is installed?

You said it worked with Windows. Use Device Manager and see exactly what
it reports it as being. You can also see what settings it's currently
using.

Hall