Re: Java

> > Slow for what?  I am running JBuilder, which is written completely in
> > Java, and it works fine.
>
> I don't know, I just ran some stuff written in Java, and they seem kinda slow
> on my box (K6 233 w/64 mb of ram).

Java need more startup time then other languges (to actulay compile the
program), so if program is small, then it actualy preaty long time
comparing to the time of the program.  You may also consider running JIT
(java -classic) if you have  large programs, but it will make startup time
env longer.  If this "stuff"  runs Java GUI, then you may need more then
64mb.