.forward

Debian Users,

	I have recently ordered a book titled "Sendmail for Linux" by
Richard Blum but right now I am inpatient as it hasn't arrived as of today.

	I know about the existence of the .forward file and as mail comes in
the .forward file is checked if it exists and then mail is forwarded to the
address/es listed in the .forward file  --- I think?

	There is no reference to this on my Debian 2.2.17 machine here at my
left hand- man, whatis, whereis, info, etc., etc.  So who can tell me about
this forwarding operation and the .forward file syntax, etc., etc.  --- Or
point me toward a URL and I'll hunt it down myself.

Thanks,

John