Re: bsd ftpd chroot'd environment

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 09:41:12PM +0100, Bostjan Muller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to set up chrooted environment for my bsd ftpd users, but I can't
> seem to get any statically linked ls binaries (is there some ftpuser package or
> something)? And do I really have to copy this files to every user I want to
> chroot? Is there no possibillity of ftpd using some onternal file or something
> from some other dir?

do a search on freshmeat for ftpd and you should find the OpenBSD ftpd
linux port, version 0.3.2 or later has support for built in ls so you
don't need to copy the ls binary and libs into each chroot.

this may be packaged in testing/unstable, bsd-ftpd or something like
that im not sure.  i just compile it myself and put it in /usr/local
its not a big package so its no big deal.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/