SETTING SYSTEM CLOCK

Hi Debian Users!

I am a relatively new to Linux and I am trying to install the latest stable
release of Debian/GNU Linux 2.2r2 "Potato" in my old computer (486/DX2) at
home. The installation process went fine. However when I boot the computer
Linux starts to load correctly from either the hard disk or the boot floopy
then hangs at the following line:

SETTING SYSTEM CLOCK USING THE HARDWARE CLOCK AS REFERENCE...

- I checked the AMI BIOS setup program and even reinstalled Debian/GNU Linux
from scratch two other times choosing GMT and then local time but nothing
seems to work.

Any idea or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

---
Friedrich