upgrading X to 4.0.2

Hi-

I think that this has changed a bit so could someone let me know the easiest
way to upgrade from 3.3.6 to 4.0.2?  I am now tracking stable and a bit of
testing with a dash of unstable :).  I see a few of the task xwindows core
packages, etc.  Last time I did this was when the packages had a
post-installation problem.  I am using a Diamond Viper 770d card with 32mb
of memory.  Now I am using Xi accelerated 5.03.  They are quite good but
only 2d.

Thanks.

--
Michael Perry