X4 and fonts.

A slightly more detailed question, since I wrote the last one at 5am this
morning after my mobile rang for some data call from the other side of the
country woke me up (and I missed the call anyway)... :)

I have a debian box with an Tseng Labs ET6100 card, running X4.0.2 using
the VESA driver (the Tseng driver does horrid stuff).

I have installed all the fonts packages and mimicked the fontpath lines
that I have on my other box.

I've also installed xfs, but at this stage I don't have a unix:7100 line
in my fontpath.

X loads fine, font paths seem to be Ok, but (I'm running KDE) the list of
available fonts I have is like ... 3. My other box has hundreds, and
appears to be setup exactly the same bar a different video card.

Would it be wise to try the unix:7100 line as my fontpath to try and get
xfs to show me more fonts instead? Or what could I have forgotten that
means X will only give me 3 font choices? Will xfstt help? My font paths
are:

Section "Files"
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
        FontPath     "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/freefont"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/sharefont"
EndSection

Cheers,
 Corey J. Popelier
 http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~pancreas