Re: sendmail multiqueue

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, andrea gelmini wrote:

> 	i'm using sendmail package 8.11.3-1 with multiqueue enabled
> 	(http://www.sendmail.net/usingmultiplequeues.shtml).

A nice feature, wait until the 8.12 public beta comes out - much nicer
queue handling ;-}

> 	in /etc/init.d/sendmail I see queue_clean function, and it
> 	seems to me it must be update, because now it does, i.e:
>
> 	for qffile in $QUEUE/qf*
>
> 	and i suppose it have to become:
>
> 	for qffile in $(find $QUEUE -type f -name qf*)
>
> i hope this is good...

It is a good start, and will work for getting rid of zero length queue
files.

It fails, however in the case split qf/df/xf directories - ie the following
is possible (see /usr/share/doc/sendmail-doc/op.{ps,txt}.gz:

  /var/spool/mqueue/q*     <- queue directory root
     q1                       <- queue directory 1
       qf	                 <- queue files here
       df			 <- data files here
       xf                        <- transaction files here
     q2
     q3
       qf
       df
       xf

Thats why I've not yet got the queue handling upgraded ;-(  If you'd like
to correct the shortcommings, I'd gladly take the help !

--
Rick Nelson
>Ever heard of .cshrc?
That's a city in Bosnia.  Right?
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands.)