RE: Installing Debian

VERY true, i've walked that path about eight years ago when going thru SCO
Unix Administration courses (Initiation and Basic Administration). There
i've learned that (besides the marketing bable) the way microsoft operates
it's OS is basically NOT DONE. You'll understand the workings of your
machine a WHOLE lot better if you grasp the working of Linux/Unix upto some
basic level. You'll also understand that the way microsoft is deploying it's
> integrated < products is MORE then controversial it's basically going for
'world domination' without EVER being held back (until now) by any
authority.

If someone would have explained this all those years ago to a judge M$ would
have been held back from those horrible > integrated < products a very long
time ago. Every time i get the chance to puch 'open source and/or
Linux/Unix' i'll do it, just because Microsoft not only demands your
attention but also to keep you mouth shut and remain stupid.

Eg.: Why do i have to create a Network USER account for every user i create
on an Exchange server ? Someone please explain the logic/security behind all
this to me ! There are ways round this but hey, that ain't what a sysadmin.
is supposed to do with his/her valuable time. If i'm wrong on this i'll just
produce another more accurate example but this is what i was confronted with
today, baffling it is. No one at the office seems to have a clue on what is
REALLY supposed to happen with mail. Brainwash is in progress i pressume.

Sorry for the lengthy reply but i'm kind of sparking electricity today, due
to microsoft Related aggrevation.

Greetings,

Joris