Re: mailing list software

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 05:13:39PM +0100, Peter Lieven wrote:
| i'm confronted with setting up a mailing list with about 20-30k
| subscribers. i find mailman very useful,
| but i want to remove the password option. is there a patch available?

I take it you don't want the users to need a password?  Might be a bit
dangerous allowing people to modify other people's subscriptions.
Anyways, I imagine you could simply remove/tweak the section of
mailman that verifies a password has been entered and have it simply
use the empty string instead.

mailman is written in Python so it shouldn't be too hard to read ;-).

-D