Re: laptop boot image?

I've had Debian on my Portege 3025 for nearly two years.  The initial
install was a bit rough because it wouldn't boot from Slink boot disks.  I
had to use loadlin from a WinDOS98 partition.  The Potato boot disks seem to
work fine, at least on this machine.

A search at http://www.google.com/linux for your specific brand and model of
laptop will usually turn up plenty of useful information.

--
Windows 2000: Designed for the Internet. The Internet: Designed for UNIX.