Re: apache and cgi-bin

also sprach Mike Millner (on Mon, 05 Mar 2001 08:35:17PM -0700):
>  your saying every cgi script needs to have - out put "Content-type:
> text/html" and then an empty line

yes, by definition, a CGI script *must* start by writing

\r\n

this is to let the webserver know what content to serve.

> The apache daemon wouldn't start with the scriptalias in the http.conf file
> and could you please clarify the statement below. I don't understand the
> "Options" of the directory

here's an extract from my httpd.conf:

ScriptAlias /cgi-pub/ "/home/apache/common/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/home/apache/common/cgi-bin">
  Options ExecCGI
  AllowOverride None
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

read up on the Options clause at www.apache.org!

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
"if I can't dance, i don't want to be part of your revolution."
                                                        - emma goldman