apt-get and dpkg broken

Hi again. Sorry to pester about this. apt-get does not work with testing
(Woody) for me anymore. Nor does dpkg. The problem is with
dpkg-preconfigure, I think. If I try an apt-get dist-upgrade, it exits
with this message:

/bin/sh: /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure: No such file or directory
E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code
(127)
E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt

I can't really use a broken dpkg to do a reinstall on dpkg. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Glen