Re: 2 Woody probs: Cron wants mrtg, and apt-get error

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 08:13:21AM -0500, Glen Snyder wrote:
> My /etc/cron.d/mrtg reads:
> "0-55/5 * * * * root if [ -x /usr/bin/mrtg ]; then /usr/bin/mrtg
> /etc/mrtg.cfg; fi"
> mrtg exists, but if I type mrtg under su, it says
> "bash: /usr/bin/mrtg: No such file or directory"
> Should I just comment out the line in /etc/cron.d/mrtg?  I am using a
> standalone box with  a modem connection. Do I even need mrtg or should I
> remove it? File permissions are:

mrtg is for graphing network performance, and activity via snmp, i
really doubt your doing this so i would just remove this package.

> >> /bin/sh: /usr/bin/mrtg: No such file or directory

this looks like /usr/bin/mrtg is a script of some sort and the
interpreter in the #! magic is non-existant.  but anyway, you don't
need mrtg so just ditch it.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/