Re: Compiling KDE apps, headers fails

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Matthias Gasser wrote:

> Alway when i want compile a KDE app un my debian (2.2 / woody) box,
> the ./configure of for eg. kmuser, or qtrans, fails with the error:
>
> ###snip###
> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!
> ###snip###

You don't have the development packages installed, which have the
headers.

apt-get install kdelibs-dev

You should also have libqt2-dev installed too, if you don't have it
already.  You might need some other foo-dev packages, too, depending on
what your app requires.  Generally, if the app requires package
"libfoo", you'll need to have "libfoo-dev" (although check the Debian
package list (unstable) for the exact name, the correspondence is not
always 1:1).

Good luck,
Rich

--