Re: Q: Need cron is anacron loading?

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 01:34:54PM +0100, Jonathan Gift wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't have my box on 24hrs a day and cron never worked its magic until
> I loaded anacron. But I noticed on boot that both cron and anacron are
> another?

Hello Jonathan,
I just found this in anacron's README:

-QUOTE-

[...] Anacron is not an attempt to make cron redundant.  It cannot
currently be used to schedule commands at intervals smaller than days.
It also does not guarantee that the commands will be executed at any
specific day or hour.

It isn't a full-time daemon.  It has to be executed from boot
scripts, from cron-jobs, or explicitly [...]

-END OF QUOTE-

Kind regards,
Andreas.