Re: Voice Mail

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 10:20:58AM -0500, Cory Rudder wrote:
> Does anyone know of a linux voice mail package I could use with an excutone
> IDS phone system?
> Thanks

I am not sure whether this is the answer, but I saw this in a
freshmeat newsletter:

------------------------------------
[005] - bayonne 0.5.15 (default)
  by David Sugar (http://freshmeat.net/users/davidsugar/)
Sunday, February 4th 2001 07:03

Bayonne is the telephony server of the GNU project. Bayonne offers a script
driven threaded multiline state event telephony service for building voice
response systems and telephony plugins for runtime driver configuration.
Bayonne also features "TGI" for making perl applications "telephony aware".
Bayonne may be used to build telephony based system administration, home
automation, automated attendent, v-commerce, and voice messaging systems.

Changes: This release introduces support the the Dialogic telephony SDK and
Intel/Dialogic hardware with Bayonne.

License: GPL

[068] - PreViking 0.4.6 (Default)
  by AW (http://freshmeat.net/users/eesa/)
Friday, February 9th 2001 19:30

PreViking is a telephony daemon written in C. It has been designed with a
modular structure that easily allows the addition of different services and
the support of different hardware. Current services include a calling card
service and a call-back service. PreViking provides an API which includes
many functions to do different telephony operations such as call switching,
playing/recording messages, and listening/playing DTMF.

[snip]

I also saw something about a perl frontend for mgetty-voice, but cannot
find it now.  I still want to get mgetty-voice working some day
myself, but in the past found it difficult to configure.

Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336.  Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536
     "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence