Re: can i740 work in accelerate mode?[math]

maths <debian_user@21cn.com> writes:

> my vedio card is i740, could display 800X600, 16bp (or higher, but i only use this mode). the color is beautiful but very slowly. i tty, i could see this message:
>
> (**) SVGA: Chipset: i740
> (**) Option "noaccel"

> (**) (SVGA) Acceleration disabled
>
> can i config it to work in acceleration mode?(and how).

Try these settings in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (for xfree 4.x):
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Generic Graphics Device"
        Driver "i740"
EndSection

That's all I use on my wife's machine. Works fine.

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt