Re: xfree4.0 and 3d accel

oh, sorry -- i thought you were talking about quake 3.

do yourself a favor.  don't compile the original quake source.  there's a
project quakeforge which is a group of people doing a re-write of quake,
similar to how prboom and doom legacy are working with the original doom
code.  if you want to play original quake, quakeforge is the way to go.

i'll bet your problem below will disappear with the modernized quakeforge
code.

pete