Re: Eek! X won't go away!

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Yes, launching X from a console w/o securing (or exiting) the console
> session is a security hole.  However, securing or exiting the console
> session is trivial.

I had just taken xlock off yesterday and i read this thread first thing
this morning. Good timing. The problem was that I didn't see any point
in having it on if anyone could pres ctrl-alt-bs and at the console. So
if I want a secure X environment, what are my choices?

1. XDM?
2. Secure the console before? You mention above it being trivial. How
can one do it?

Thanks.

Jonathan

--