Re: help with rogers!

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 10:10:30PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>     Ok, I'm really confused.
>
>     My old network settings with rogers were:
>
> IP: 24.43.42.96
> MK: 255.255.255.0
> GW: 24.43.42.1
>
>     Now, they've changed my IP address, and my new settings are
>
> IP: 24.114.127.148
> MK: 255.255.255.192
> GW: 24.114.127.129
>
>     Unfortunately, while the old settings still work, the new ones don't. They
> work from my wife's NT box, but no matter what I do, I can't get them working
> from my Linux box.

Well, I have no idea what isn't working since you don't say what you
tried or what happens when you did.

Try

  ifconfig eth0 24.114.127.148 -netmask 255.255.255.192 \
    -broadcast 24.114.127.191

and then

  route add default gw 24.114.127.129

If that works change the stuff in /etc/init.d/network to match (unless
you've moved to the new stuff in /etc/network/interfaces; if you have
what's the problem?)

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.