Plug and play?

I am using kernel 2.4.1, and my sound card is detected by plug and play,
yet it doesn't get configured correctly.  I still have to load the
modules with parameters to get sound.  Here's the message I get at boot
up:

Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
sb: ESS ES1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive detected
sb: ISAPnP reports 'ESS ES1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive' at i/o 0x220,
irq 5, dma 1, 3
SB 3.01 detected OK (220)
ESS chip ES1868 detected
sb: ESS ES1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive detected
sb: Failed to initialize ESS ES1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive
sb: 1 Soundblaster PnP card(s) found.

Is there something else that needs to be done to get this configured
with plug and play?  Could this be why the OSS drivers for sound work
and not esd?

Rob

--
robhr@core.com              2001-02 |
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O