fetchmail bad

hello,

I am using testing with fetchmail talking to sendmail.  The problem
that I am having is that if the host from which mail is sent does
not exist, sendmail rejects it, which causes fetchmail to segfault.

Is there a configuration for sendmail to not reject hosts that aren't
resolvable (I would understand domain names, but to expect every host
to be registered is a lot, especially if it causes DOS).

Also, why would fetchmail not be able to hack this...I checked
fetchmail's bug tracking and didn't see anything like this, and
sorta figure that it is something I'm doing wrong.

thanks,
rick