Re: Outlook conversion

In lists.projects.debian.user, you wrote:
>> I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that converted a .pst Outlook
>> file into something that a Linux email program like Kmail or Evolution can
>> read.  I want to totally convert over to Linux, but this is a big thing
>> because I don't want to lose my hundreds of saved messages from the past
>> couple months.
>
>Is it possible to export Outlook mail to Netscape? What if you did that,
>opened it in Netscape under Linux and went on from then?

Netscape uses the more-or-less-standard "mbox" format used by most Unix
mail clients.  If you can convert to Netscape, most things should be
able to read it.  I'm not sure specifically about Evolution or Kmail,
but my guess is that it should probably work.

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud@infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
"Unfortunately, men befriend women in futile attempts to get a 3d