RE: 2nd try, what is my problem with apt-get?

> I have a machine that I have upgraded from stable to testign,
> and installed the
> 2.4.3 kernel with kernel package on.
>

> Now apt-get is failing. See the error messages?
>

> Script started on Tue Feb 27 04:42:29 2001
> debian:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
> # deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
> # deb http://spidermonkey.ximian.com/distributions/debian stable main
> debian:~# runsocks aptget   -get update
>

> 0% [Working]
>
> Err http://http.us.debian.org testing/main Packages
>   Something wicked happend resolving 'http.us.debian.org/http'

<snip>

Could you try using ftp instead?  I am using testing/unstable and I
found that the http method doesn't always work anymore.  My error is
different (could not connect to 0.0.0.80) but ftp works fine.  Try
using "deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/...etc";.

jim