Re: What's up with Mozilla

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 07:52:38AM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > > installing the tarball is pretty easy. For now, I'm
> > > running 0.8 from the tarball available at mozilla.org
> > > and it works great.
>
> Agreed ... it dumps everything into a single directory so keeping track
> of where it's installed files is not an issue. Every time you "upgrade"
> it, just remove the existing mozilla directory and un-tar the new one.
>
> Other than having to change to that directory, or at least give the path
> to it, to run the program, it's not a problem using it.

unless you have lots of users wanting to use mozilla, then you end up
with X number of copies of this monster in /home.  where X == the
number of users on the system.

file permissions and the FHS exist for a reason, mozilla shouldn't
ignore it.  </rant>

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/