KDE packages being held back

Hello,

This morning I attempted to apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade.  I
am told that the new KDE packages are being held back.  Does anyone
know why they should be held back?  So I attempted to upgrade the KDE
packages through dselect.  The dependencies show that kscd depends on
libasound which recommends alsa-base.  My sound is working fine so I
don't want to install any of the alsa packages.  I cannot seem to
purge or put on hold the alsa packages.  What do I do to get the KDE
upgrades?

Thanks,
Anthony