AW: X problems after upgrade

Hello Sven,

I had the same problem after upgrade from Debian 2.2r0->r2.
In my case, I'm using a Matrox MGA Ultima/Impression 2MB-Grafic-Card
with a commercial Xaccel-Server under /usr/bin/X11/bin.
X-file in this directory doesn't have a symbolic link after this upgrade
an this is still wondering to me.
X was now a 6448kB big ELF 32-bit LSB executable.
So I moved this X-file to X_2.2r2 and made a new symbolic link to
the needing server:

ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/Xaccel X

...and after this X-Windows could be started by startx as desired !
Try to set this symbolic link to your installed X-Server.

Good luck and greetings

Christoph Walther

mailto:christoph.walther@t-systems.de