Re: Xfree86 4.0.2

Hello,

Am Dienstag, den 27. Februar 2001 11:57:41 schrieb Jonas Wolz:

> I'm running a Potato (2.2r2) system and want to upgrade it to
> Xfree86 4.0.2 using the updated packages from the debian server.  My
> question: Will the binary packages run on my system without problems
> or do I have to take the source package ?

You will have to update some other packages to the woddy-version if
you use the woddy-version of xfree-4.0.2.

You will have to install the new dephelpers (from woddy) if you want
to compile xfree-4.0.2 yourself from debian-source-package on potato.

At least it was this way when I upgraded mz potato to xfree-4.0.2, but
this was mor then 4 weeks ago.

I temporarily installed dephelpers into /tmp/dephelper and compiled
xfree-4.0.2 from debian-source-package.

	MfG
	bmg

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic@fmi.uni-passau.de