Re: [sgaerner@gmx.net: ]

>>>>> "s" == sgaerner@gmx.net writes:

    s> I tried to install XFree86 Version 4.0.2 on a Potato system.
    s> Unfortunately apt/dselect does not upgrade xbase-client, so I'm
    s> not able to run X.  When I run 'apt-get update' the status line
    s> begins with an 'Ign'. There seems to be a problem because this
    s> package is not upgraded.

At a quick and dirty guess, that sounds like the warning that the
Release file could not be found.  Ignore it, unless you are using the
new features in apt-get 0.5.0.

    s> Do you have an idea how to solve this?

The original poster needs to give the output of "apt-get install
xbase-client".

"does not upgrade" could mean anything. eg. computer not switched on
error, hard disk error, corrupted local file error, transfer error,
Internet problems, broken mirror, lazy computer syndrome, etc.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>