Re: wine and woody

On 25 Feb 2001, Pollywog wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 02:40:15 +0000, debian-user@lists.debian.org
> said:
>

> >  On 25 Feb 2001 02:30:43 UTC, Pollywog said:
> >
> >  >
> >  >  Try installing xlibosmesa3
> >  >  That might help; it worked for me.
> >
> >  xlibosmesa3 from "unstable"
>
> Now the problem seems to be that when I try to install Windows apps,
> they look for Windows files that WINE does not yet have, and point to
> where they can be obtained at Microsoft's website.   At least the
> xlibosmesa errors are no longer a problem.  I don't want to install
> Windows on my machine, so I will have to wait for future updates of
> WINE.

I've only had success in installing fairly simple programs as well, but
why not try getting those files from the m$ web site and put them in
windows/system and see if it goes?

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
dcpurton@chariot.net.au