Re: openacs configuration

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 04:21:38PM -0800, Aaron Brashears wrote:
> Everything is set up (with an earlier version of aolserver, since the
> testing/unstable deb is badly broken) but the openacsconfig command
> fails to create the required databases. Postgresql is running, and
> configured to be a tcp listener. Here's a short synopsis of what happens:

can you connect to pgsql via tcp for certain?

	#!perl
	use DBI;
	my $dbh=DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=whatever:host=localhost")
		|| die 'canna connect';

(try 'perl -MCPAN -e shell' and 'install DBI DBD::Pg' if you
don't have those perl modules)

> I have acs_kenny.gila.org point to 127.0.0.1 in the hosts file, and
> ping acs_kenny.gila.org works correctly. I know the database hasn't
> been created yet, since psql only shows the template1 database in the
> output form the \l command.

try
	telnet localhost <postgresportnumber>
to be sure it's listening...

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

will@serensoft.com