D-Link DFE-530TX Probs W. 2.4.2

I just compiled a 2.4.2 kernel.  The compile went fine.  Ran lilo, rebooted...everything looking good.

The big problem is that my NIC (a D-Link DFE-530TX) doesn't work.  I would like to elaborate on "doesn't work", but I'm afraid I can't.

I did cat /proc/pci and the NIC was listed there.  I noticed that it was sharing IRQ 10 with my USB controller, but I was told by someone in #debian on IRC that it wouldn't be an issue because I have USB disabled in my kernel.

The driver that I have compiled into my kernel is via-rhine.  I am sure this is the right driver.  This NIC has been used under win 95, 98 redhat 6.1 and debian.  I have tried a couple times to get this NIC to work with kernels I have built, but it never does.

Another thing that might be important is that this is a revision A board.  I've heard that rev B boards had some issues.

Thanks,
David Frey

Wake up screaming. . . http://www.detonate.net/