Printer not printing

I've got an Epson 740 I've set up with magicfilter.

When I attempt to print a file (user or root), the job queues up
normally, then disappears as if it had been printed, but it hasn't been!
I get no error messages, and if I ask lpr to send email on completion,
I get an email indication successful completion.  I also get no in any
of the log files.

When I first try to print, several modules get loaded:
parport, lp, parport_pc, and parport-probe

My /etc/printcap (without comments):

|lpep740|Epson 740|lp:\
	:lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/ep740:\
	:sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
	:if=/etc/magicfilter/StylusColor-740@360dpi-filter:\
	:af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

Any ideas?
--
Brian Enyart
http://members.iquest.net/~enyart