Re: Can't Locate binfmt... something to worry about?

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 06:02:37PM +0100, Jonathan Gift wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been getting the msg every two or three days now and know that it's
> origin is a program accessing an empty file. The questions are:
>
> 1. Does this happen on most systems?
> 2. Is it something particular to this system, and if so, how track down
> what is causing it?
>
> I've had xlogmaster on daemon log open almost continuously but have
> missed catching it in the act...
>
> Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.
>
>From - /usr/src/linux/Documentation/binfmt_misc.txt

"Kernel Support for miscellaneous (your favourite) Binary Formats v1.1"

"You can enable/disable binfmt_misc or one binary type by echoing 0 (to
disable)
or 1 (to enable) to /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/status or
/proc/.../the_name.
Catting the file tells you the current status of binfmt_misc/the entry.

You can remove one entry or all entries by echoing -1 to
/proc/.../the_name
or /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/status."

I have no idea really.   It might help to see a complete log message
and report of *which* "program accessing an empty file" and which
"empty file" your talking about.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted