Re: rebuilding system map

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 09:09:31AM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

>     Hey people. I installed a new kernel by rolling my own and using
> make-kpkg. Then I decided to go back to the stock one, so I downloaded it and
> installed it with dpkg -i. Now...
>
> msoulier@lupus:~$ ps
> {module_list} {module_list_R__ver_module_list}
> Warning: /boot/System.map-2.2.18pre21 does not match kernel data.
>

>     How do I rebuild the system map so this goes away?

Take a look in /boot.  There should be a couple System.map's there.
Point /etc/lilo.conf to the system.map for your current kernel and
run /sbin/lilo.  That might do it.  Did you delete your old kernel when
you installed the new one?  The one before you reinstalled the stock one.
Kernel version numbers would make this a lot easier to talk about.
What I'm getting at is you can have more than on kernel at a time on
your system.  There shouldn't be any reason you had to download and
reinstall your original kernel.  It should have still been setting there
unless you deleted it.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted