awe_wave gone mad... :(

Hi everyone...

...running Debian/potato on my fathers old box (including a Creative Labs
SB AWE 32 PnP sound card), I am now doomed having a *strange* phenomenon of
misbehaviour of the awe_wave.o driver module. Basically, after installing
and configuring the system for the first time, things worked fine, but now,
merely from one day to another, awe_wave refused to cleanly load and
instead hangs the system while booting up... Doin CTRL-C makes the boot
process move on then, and, after that, seems the module has been loaded and
is up and working properly, anyhow... there are no io / irq conflicts,
isapnp did configure the card the way it was necessary, I don't get any
error messages and *everything* works, so I wonder what keeps that system
on hanging while boot up. Can anyone give me a hint on that?? First of all
I thought it would be a hardware problem, but, besides this, everything
seems to be fine... really strange. :)

Any hints would be appreciated, thanks. :)
Bye,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink
paper: +49 180 5052 5560 8162 -- phone: +49 174 5360871

.a still and peaceful bliss, a glorious resignation,
.any contradiction fades away, any philosophical problem
.becomes clear, or so it seems for a long time you haven't
.been in control...
(Loudblast..sublime dementia)