[thrawn01@mindspring.com: Bug ?]

----- Forwarded message from admiral thrawn <thrawn01@mindspring.com> -----

From: "admiral thrawn" <thrawn01@mindspring.com>
To: <branden@debian.org>
Subject: Bug ?

   $ apt-get upgrade

   ( installed xserver-common 4.0.2-4 )

   $ startx

   Unable to stat ( /etc/X11/X ) File not found aborting.

   I ran xinit, and /usr/X11R6/bin/X both with the same error.

   there is no. "/etc/X11/bin/X" the only X I have is in "
   /usr/X11R6/bin/X "

   I could run /usr//X11R6/bin/SVGA_{SERVER} ( what ever it's called, I'm
   in windows right now. cause I dunno  have time to set up pine and
   sendmail.. And I don't wan't to stay in windows for long... <GRIN> )

   of couse it had no Xterm. so i could n't get anything running.

   Somthing is wrong with the wrappers ( I beleave that is the correct
   term. )

   startx,xinit all seam to eventually call /usr/X11R6/bin/X and that is
   part of your package.

   I tried downgrading to Xserver-common 3. somthin. but I have to
   uninstall have the packages on my system to do it.

   Anypointers ? is this a config bug ? or somthing missing.?

   Thanks for any Help. I'll keep looking , notify you if i find
   anything.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    Q: How does a Unix guru have sex?
Debian GNU/Linux                |    A: unzip;strip;touch;finger;mount;fsck;