Re: Read-only Servers We Can Snoop Around on for Tips?

shell access to any box will significantly decrease security. so i
don't think this is a good idea, especially because i find myself
usually using configurations that are very specific to my sites. but
on the upswing, doing so i learn a whole lot more than from other
people's configs.

that's why there are HOWTOs, man, and this mailing list - because if
you need help, someone may decide to mail you configs or give you
temporary shell access. i'll help if you have a specific question, i
am fairly down with most unix admin concepts. so will everyone else
here.

a public server poses several problems - funding, maintenance,
security, generality etc.

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
the nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.