sound in gnome-sawfish

 Hi to all!

 I am running potato 2.2r2 with 2.2.17 kerner and ximian-gnome. The default
 window manager is sawfish. I use the SB module in order to play CDs in
 my system without problems. But when I enter the Gnome control center
 and select multimidia/sound/general and "enable sound server at startup"
 and "sounds for events" options,  nothig happens. Any event generates
 a "plack!" sound.
 The same thing occurs when, besides the settings in the Gnome
 Multimidia, I select "play sound effects for window events" in the
 sawfish/sound folder.
 Any help will be very welcome!

 Regards,
 Marcelo