Re: Sendmail work as smtp server for internal private subnet

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Brian Lavender wrote:

> I have sendmail on my gateway box which has a dynamic IP. How
> do I make it so it will allow the internal hosts which are
> on a 192.168.1.x subnet use it as their smtp server?

I'll assume you're running 8.11.2 (unstable), add these lines to your
/etc/mail/access (or create one with these lines):
#
# Local addresses 10.x.x.x, 127.x.x.x, 172.16-31.x.x 192.168.x.x can
# relay
# Note Well! You *must* make sure these address can't be spoofed
# externally
# Note, outbound relaying is controlled by connection and/or auth
#   If you're not firewalled, and you don't have a lan, comment these
#   out
#   If you're not firewalled, and you have a lan, get firewalled *NOW*
Connect:192.168.1 RELAY

makemap hash /etc/mail/access.db < /etc/mail/access
/etc/init.d/sendmail reload
--
Rick Nelson
World Domination, of course.  And scantily clad females.  Who cares if