Re: Senior Project

There are two very good books available to help you: Robert L. Ziegler, "Linux Firewalls" (New Riders), and Wes Sonnenreich & Tom Yates, "Building Linux and OpenBSD Firewalls" (Wiley). The first covers the protocols in detail and provides comprehensive scripts. The second obviously also covers OpenBSD, which I decided was a better OS for my firewall. Also note that Linux has changed its IP filtering and NAT system again with 2.4.x, so you'll have to decide whether to use the 2.2.x ipchains system or the new one. (The books cover ipchains, but the ideas should be easily transferable.)