Re: ssh doesn't stop prompting for password [SOLVED]

On 2001-02-21 16:28 +0100, Nate Amsden <aphro@portal.aphroland.org> wrote:

> Vadim Kutsyy wrote:
> >
> > > ~/.ssh/authorized_keys', then tried to log in via 'ssh andre@mir' as
> > > user "andre". But ssh still prompts for "andre@localhost's password:".
> > > What's the problem here?
> >
> > try
> > 'ssh -l andre andre@mir'
>
> I also suggest doing ssh -l andre -v -C mir
>
> be sure the permissions are correct on ~/.ssh and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
> on the remote host, as well as ~/ on the remote host. if any of them
> are bad it will tell you and you must fix it before ssh will allow
> you to use RSA authentication.
> nate

That did it, thanks. A "bad ownership" was reported on
~/.ssh/authorized_keys, it was 664. I've changed the contents of ~.ssh/
to 0600, and everything's fine now.

Talking about ssh, could somebody point out the steps necessary in
order to export a remote host's display to my local machine via, if
possible from scratch...? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

-Andre