Re: Missing Warnings.pm => broken debconf

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Joey Hess wrote:
> Andrew n marshall wrote:
> > I think I should have phrased the above as a question:
> >   Since I have 5.005 installed and it still doesn't work, what else can I
> > try or read?
>
> You can trying making use that /usr/bin/perl points to some version of
> perl which you have the full package, not just a perl-*-base package,
> installed for.

Ah.. yes.  perl was pointing to an old copy of 5.6.  Now I have removed
5.6 completely, verified that both perl-5.005-base and perl-5.005 are
properly installed.  Now this is the error I get:

  Can't locate object method "value" via package "Debconf::Question" at
  /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Config.pm line 76.

This is even after removing the debconfpackage and retrying new apt-get
install.  apt-get is pulling 0.2.80.17 from testing.

Anm