Re: autofs example

Alvin Oga wrote:

> /etc/auto.master
>         /.autofs        /etc/auto.misc  --timeout 600

I found that with the debian autofs init script (/etc/init.d/autofs),
the timeout option wasn't parsed properly unless it was specified like
so (YMMV):
	/.autofs	/etc/auto.misc	timeout=600

(I'm running potato, but have the autofs package from unstable
installed, because I was trying to figure out why the timeout wasn't
working and had upgraded first to see if that would work. It didn't, but
the above did. I don't know if the above will work with the potato
version because I didn't try it.)

My auto.master looks like:
	/auto             /etc/auto.floppy      timeout=1
	/var/autofs/misc  /etc/auto.cds         timeout=2

Where /etc/auto.floppy contains the floppy-disk line from the original
/etc/auto.misc, and the /etc/auto.cds the cdrom lines (I have 2 cdrom
drives). I still have the auto.misc file sitting there, but it's not
referenced anywhere.

Note that I have the automounter mounting to two different directories.
The automounter wouldn't work properly for me if instructed to mount
both to the same directory. This doesn't matter much though, because you
just use symlinks to put the access directory in a more convenient
place, as you've done with the /Win98 symlink below.

> /etc/auto.misc
>         win98   -fstype=vfat    :/dev/hdb1
>
> ln -s /Win98  /.autofs/win98

Matthew