Re: Missing Warnings.pm => broken debconf

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Andrew n marshall wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Install perl-5.004 (not -base)
>
> I have perl-5.005.03-7 installed, which I would think would be enough.
>
> > When will people learn?
>
> When there is obvious documentation on the difference, such in the
> description of the packages.  If this is a reoccuring problem, then the
> current documentation on the issue should be revaluated.

I'm all for that.  Right now there's so many different versions and perl
packages (dependencies and conflicts) that i can't make heads or tails of
it.  It's to the point that right now when i update sid, i just do an
update by hand in capt of everything that *doesn't* involve perl, since
everything on my system appears to be working at the moment, and i'd like
it to stay that way.  However, it is annoying that i can't just do a
regular 'apt-get' to solve my updates, since it always wants to do the
perl stuff...

I see this is supposed to be fixed in unstable...but my packages appear to
be having some conflicts...any suggestions?

dave