Re: can't exec some CGI scripts

At 03:59 PM 2/20/01 -0500, John May wrote:

Unfortunately the problem is, 1. It isn't my script, I downloaded it from
another site, and the other users report no problem like I am having and
2. I can't remove the -w option from the Perl line and still have the
script work.  As soon as I remove -w, the script won't execute and I get
an Internal Server Error in my browser window.

You probably downloaded it in non-ascii, and there are some control characters
that you can't see.

You most likely have something like:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl<0x0a>

And there is no perl<0x0a>, so you get an execute error

Then you add -w:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w<0x0a>

and then the script does run, and the -w option ignores the <0x0a>

Erik