Re: LILO on my windows partition

re,

The Doctor(thedoctor@nationoftwo.com)@Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 09:42:31AM -0500:
> Like an idiot, I accidentally wrote a LILO boot into my windows partition, so nw booting from my LILO to windows (on /dev/hda3) starts up another LILO that croaks with
> LI
> is there a way to be able to boot windows again?
> This will be complicated by the fact that the folks at HP only provided a hard drive image (ghost) of the factory default drive and not windows 98 disks. I can get a copy $$$ if neccesary, but I don't like donating money to unworthy software projects.

You should be able to just run fdisk /mbr (from DOgS, you have a DOgS bootdisk, do you?)

Also make sure you have a linux bootdisk.

Pop in the DOgS bootdisk, run fdisk /mbr (this will clean the mbr).
Pop in the linux bootdisk, rerun lilo with the correct configfile.

--
	 People using html in email should be shot.

Love does not make the world go around, just up and down a bit.

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation.