Re: Exceed 6.0 with Debian 2.2r2 and Windows95

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Walther, Christoph wrote:

> Dear Debian-Community,
>
> how do I setup Linux Debian 2.2r2, so that I can connect to it remotely
> using Hummingbird Exceed 6.0, running on a Win95-Box?

This one is easy enough... let's say your Win95 box has an IP of
10.0.0.95, just type

export DISPLAY=10.0.0.95:0

and then any X applications you run from that shell will be directed to
your eXceed client.

If you want to make it more permanent, just put that line in ~/.bashrc (I
think) or maybe it's ~/.bash_login - I can never remember =)

Have fun!

Gavin.