Re: email server?

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 11:09:10AM -0500, seg wrote:

>  I'd like to run a mail server on my firewall/gateway comp. That server
> would dl the messages from my ISP, sort them into accounts (one for each
> familly member)  and them each comp/user could access its proper account and
> dl the messages (from the firewall) using outlook. Is that possible to set
> up? What program, howtos or whatnot should I look into?

For a mailserver, consider www.qmail.org, www.postfix.org, www.exim.org.

If you fetch your mail via pop3, use fetchmail.

To (sort|filter) your mail, use www.procmail.org.

If you want to run a pop3 server on your firewall/gateway comp, you can
use qmail-pop3d (which comes as part of the main qmail tarball).

--
Darren Wyn Rees	            merlin@netlink.co.uk
ASK your ISP to ADD the NEW england.* Newsgroups